Klever intents to provide the highest security standard for all of its products and thus also uses all the necessary tools.
These include two-factor authentication. This tutorial shows in simple steps how this 2FA option is implemented with the Google Authenticator.
How to setup the 2FA Authentication:
- select the settings option by pressing the human symbol behind your name
- select "Safe account"
- select "2FA Authentication"
- confirm, that you want to set up the Google Authenticator method
- if you did not already install the Google Authenticator app, you can start it directly at that point
if you already have the Google Authenticator app installed, just confirm the button by pressing "Already have"
- step 6 displays you a QR-Code as well as the set-up key in clear text - you can directly import that key by pressing "Open Google Authenticator"
- after you have imported the key and the Google Authenticator added Klever Exchange, the app displays a 6-digit code - just copy that code and enter it at the next step to confirm the successful set-up by pressing "Enable"
- 2FA got successful enabled, displayed by a green circle with tick
- finally, if you open your profile again, you can find a green tick at "Safe account"